Kim Colleen Sulc

Kim Colleen Sulc
Click Photo for Website

Friday, March 23, 2012

Fresh Flowers are the way to go!

I can almost smell these beautiful flowers as I remember putting this arrangement together before this event for a gentleman from California for his Mother's birthday!  He lived so far away and was set on me doing the arrangement over the florist!  I selected some beautiful flowers from a local Fresh Market and had them ship our special colors and then added some fresh Hydrangea from my garden!  I could have made ten more as it is the most pleasant experience putting together such beautiful fragrant flower arrangements!  I thank all my customers for allowing me the opportunity to add that special touch to their events!  I really enjoy it!
The Hydrangea stems were fresh out of my garden and are very showy for any event!  They came from a "Blushing Bride" Hydrangea bush that flowers in a pale green with rose colored tips.  What a great flower to add to any arrangement!

I would suggest to anyone throwing a special event to try to work with fresh flowers!  You may think silks or dried flowers will cost less, but that is not always the case.  There are many ways to add fresh, live greenery and flowers to your event without spending a huge amount!  I would go as far as telling you to plant a flower garden before your event!  There is nothing like real floral arrangements!  The smell is fabulous!  The look is great!  Most venues will only let you toss real flowers on their properties!  Let me know if you need help coming up with some great flower or arrangement ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment